Archives Committee of London Conference
The Archives Committee is responsible for coordinating and promoting archival and historical activity. The committee encourages consistent professional standards and procedures, and seeks to promote knowledge of and interest in the history of the United Church.
The committee also ensures there is an appropriate depository for records, documents and correspondence of historical value (of Pastoral Charges, Presbyteries, Conference and other organizations) when no longer regularly needed and to provide access to these records.
There are a number of guidelines and forms below which will assist your congregation in proper archival practices. For more information or questions about any of the forms please call or email your Presbytery Archive Representative or click here to email the Chair of the Archives Committee.
United Church of Canada Archives
The United Church of Canada Archives is located at 40 Oak Street (map), in the Toronto Christian Resource Centre and also houses the archives of the five Ontario Conferences, including London Conference.
For more information or questions about documents please call Archivist Erin Greeno at 1-416-644-3140 ext.104 or email Erin.
ARCHIVES COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- CHAIR: Edward Avey - 519-238-2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALGOMA REP: Bonnie Johnson - 705-649-2410
- ELGIN REP: John Gould - 519-866-3626 or email@example.com
- ESSEX REP: Rosemarie Wolfe - 519-398-8929
- HURON-PERTH REP: Aveline Wandel - 519-357-2168
- KENT REP: vacant
- LAMBTON REP: Nick Monsour - 519-332-5462 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIDDLESEX REP: Linda Britton - 519-472-6374 - email@example.com
- OXFORD REP: Doreen Smith - 519-842-3190 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCW REP: Eva Archibald - 519-472-0166
Choose the form you require and click on it to download.
- Archives Fund Remittance Form 2013
- Examination of Pastoral Charge Records LC_A_001
- Examination Form for Minute Books LC_A_002
- Guidelines for Maintaining Historic Roll LC_A_003
- Yearly Report to Presbytery LC_A_004
- Dates Official Books Examined LC_A_005
- Examination Form for Historic Roll LC_A_006
- Guidelines for Maintaining Church Registers LC_A_007
- Guidelines for Maintaining Minute Books LC_A_008
- Maintaining Membership Rolls LC_A_009
- Requirements when Amalgamating/Closing LC_A_010